murcia

Portal de Alhama de Murcia

www.portaldealhama.com

Alhama de Murcia - SpanishAlhama de Murcia - English
detail of Alhama de Murcia

 

Complete the refurbishment of the Street Fair and environment of the Church of San Lazaro de Alhama de Murcia (02/09/2008)

The refurbishment of Street Fair and environment of the Church of San Lazaro de Alhama de Murcia have been completed.

The cost of this scheme is 400,748 euros, of which the Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport, has funded 75 percent through the General Directorate of Architecture and Housing, which represents a subsidy of 300,561 euros, while that the City has contributed the remaining 25 percent, 100,187 euros.

The action involves the refurbishment of one of the most emblematic public spaces of the municipality, as it affects the street from La Feria, shaft leading to the thermal baths, declared a Cultural Monument to the category.

The bathrooms, of Roman origin, were famous during the Arab domination, constituting, together with the castle of Alhama and the remains of the towers, the main monuments of the town's municipality.

Previously, public space object performance was deteriorated, because the area had road traffic vehicles, so the street furniture and paving in the area had lost quality.

However, the pedestrian street of La Feria and environment of the church has managed to create an open space that enhances the presence of the Arab baths and the atrium of St. Lazarus.

The greatest interest of the action is in the uniform treatment of space, through the unification of materials and renewal of street furniture in the area.

Have also modified the existing steps to encourage pedestrian traffic to the Garden of the Ducks, a public space that also will be equipped soon.

The proposal submitted by the City of Alhama de Murcia to the Ministry of Works, Housing and Transportation for the remodeling of the Garden of the Ducks, retains some of the most characteristic elements existing as the Alte Bust Bastarreche and Power Ducks, which will be incorporated into a source of new design.

The project also includes the preservation of large trees.

With respect to the remodeling of the Street Fair, the director general of Architecture and Housing, Mark Nogueroles, said that "it is a very interesting performance that directly impact the coexistence of alhameños as pedestrianising this area of the municipality's urban center will encourage pedestrian traffic and enhance the environment of the Church of St. Lazarus and the thermal baths. "

In this sense, Nogueroles stressed the subsidy program in architecture and housing from the Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport for his contribution to the promotion of quality architectural spaces and public buildings in the different municipalities Region. "

Source: CARM

Notice
UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 - ER-0131/2006 © 2019 Alamo Networks S.L. - C/Alamo 8, 30850 Totana (Murcia) Privacy policy - Legal notice Región de Murcia
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información